Friday 13 March 2009

Get over it.

I used to be angry. I used to think my intellectualism made me better than other people, made me more righteous and deserving. At one stage in my life I believed that life came packaged with a line in the sand, and at one point of that line was the good and well to do and at the other end of the line was the evil soulless bastards that manipulate the people in the middle so that they can acquire wealth while everything sacred that the people on the good side stood for was anally raped. I used to blame the people in the middle for being so gullible. Gullible enough to feed the machine. I used to think I was better than them, because I believed in something complex that required some sort of self-perceived substantial thinking and effort to grow and maintain.

I used to think my anger meant something. I used to think that my self-proclaimed superiority mattered.

Then I realized that I was only as gullible as every one else who falls for the get-rich-quick schemes, every one else who hurries to the phone the moment they see an infomercial, everyone else who put in a vote just because someone on the television said it was the right thing to do. Then I realized that the self-righteous do-gooders are on the same side of the line as the selfish monopolizing pricks that manipulate the masses. I didn't stand for anything, because there was never anything there to stand for. I was empowering myself amongst a horde of shit. My screams of anger were no different than screams of attention. Look at me. Look what I know. Look what I believe...

There is no line in the sand. There is no objective meaning to stand and fight for. What you know, what you believe, what you think you know and who you think should care...

It's all in your head.

The "baaah-baaah-baaah" of the sheep is actually the sound of their laughter. The joke is on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment